Nana Journal of Educational Research (NAJER)
A journal of school of education Nana-Aishat Memorial College of Education (NAMCOED), Alagbado, Ilorin
Volume: 2, March, 2019
Dr. Zakariyah A. Akorede
Member of Editorial Board
Dr. Adegbite I. S.
Dr. Ajia, Ismaeel .S. (Managing Editor)
Jogunomi A. Sakariyau (Secretary)
Ilori, Rotimi Joseph
Prof. Adebayo Issah RAHEEM:
Faculty of education,
Escae-Benin University, Benin Republic
Dr. Salman A. Adisa:
Director, Counselling and Human Development Centre,
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
Dr. Abdur-Rafiu J.:
Department of Religious and Cultural Studies,
Faculty of Arts,
Akwa Ibom State University
Dr. Adebara S. B.:
School of Education,
Kwara State College of Education (Technical), Lafiagi
Dr. Salihu Muhammad YAKUBU:
Department of Educational Foundations,
Federal University of Kashere, Gombe State
Hussain Kehinde GARBA:
Department of Educational Foundations,
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
NOTES TO CONTRIBUTORS
The article for submission should be written in English with computer type setting not to be more than 15 pages A4 size paper, 12 front of Times New Roman, double spaced typing.
Each manuscript should be preceded by an abstract not more than 120 words single spaced.
The cover page should bear the title of the paper, author(s) names, GSM number(s), email address, and academic institution of affiliation and status attained.
The paper preparation must conform with the publication manual of American psychological association format (APA Latest Edition).
But where this is not possible , contributors are require to send 2 hard copies and one soft copy of the manuscript to the editor-in-chief or editorial secretary of NAJER
The Nana Journal of Educational Research (NAJER) is a peer-reviewed journal to be published annually in the School of Education and Quality Assurance Unit of Nana-Aishat Memorial College of Education (NAMCOED), Alagbado, Ilorin. It aimed at encouraging theorists, researchers, and education practitioners to publish scholastic articles from across all interest areas of educational concerns for National growth and development. The submitted articles are published on the assumption that they are original research work of the authors and have not been published or accepted for publication elsewhere.
I therefore wish to call on scholars all over the world to use the opportunity provided by NAJER to publish their most recent research works. Articles accepted for publication in this journal have been peer reviewed and properly scrutinized in line with international best practices.
I wish to express my profound gratitude to the Proprietor and Provost of Nana-Aishat Memorial College of Education (NAMCOED) Alagbado, Ilorin for providing an enabling environment for academic excellence. Similarly, my appreciation goes to all editorial board members as well as consulting editors for their tireless and meticulous scrutinization of all accepted articles to ensure the proper production of this journal.
I therefore recommend its reading for all scholarly minded individuals, groups and researchers for furtherance of knowledge, academic teaching and research. It is also worthy of being kept in places such as libraries, reading rooms and software data based transmissions for maximum utilization and widest circulation of the journal.
Dr. Abdul-Hmeed Akorede ZAKARIYAH
LIST OF CONTRIBUTORS
- Ajia, Ismaeel .S: Department of Educational Foundation, Nana Aishat College of Education, Alagbado Ilorin. [email protected] 08146617791/08185333766
- Adebayo Issah RAHEEM: Nana-Aishat College of Education, Ilorin, 08034444615 [email protected]
- Abdul-Hameed Akorede ZAKARIYAH: Director Quality Assurance Unit Nana-Aishat College of Education, Ilorin, 08064423312/08054274939, [email protected]
- Olatunji, Abdulkadir: Department of Educational Foundations, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, 08054421247 [email protected]@gmail.com
- Ape, Tajudeen Suleman: Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Nigeria, [email protected] 09095704518
- Saad, Ahmed Rukaiya: Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Nigeria, [email protected] 08063234791
- Ahmed, Taiye Hassan: Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Nigeria, [email protected] 08140667940
- Alimi, Saadu Uthman: Kwara State Universal Basic Education 08038553264 [email protected]
- Omole, A. O. (MRS): Department of Social Studies, Nana Aishat Memorial College Of Educaiton, Ilorin
- Abdur-Rafiu, (Ph.D.): Provost, Nana Aishat Memorial College of Education, Ilorin, Kwara State [email protected] +2347068231116
- Sakariyau JOGUNOMI: Deputy Provost (Admin), Nana Aishat Memorial College of Education, Ilorin
- Saheed Oyeyemi USMAN: HOU (Economics), Nana Aishat Memorial College of Education, Ilorin
- Hamzat, Afeez Abiola: Department of Computer Science, Nana Aisha Memorial College of Education, Alagbado, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria. Email: [email protected] Phone No: +234-806-890-1902
- Hussain Kehinde GARBA: Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Baushi, 08038416033/08059548820 [email protected]
- Abdur-Rahman Muhibudeen Aiku: Nana Aishat Memorial College of Education, Ilorin, 08067025406/ 08074539324 [email protected]
- Mahmood Suleiman JAMIU: Kwara State College of Arabic and Islamic Legal Studies, Ilorin, 08067360635[email protected]
- Surajudeen, RAFIU: Department of Curriculum Studies & Educational Technology (CSET), Nana Aisha Memorial College of Education, Alagbado, Ilorin, Kwara State.
- Jamiu Babatunde BELLO: Nana Aisha Memorial College of Education, Alagbado, Ilorin, Kwara State.
- Ogundeji A. OLUSEGUN: Nana Aishat Memorial College of Education, Alagbado, Ilorin Kwara State, 08036844061
- Yusuf O. ABDULRAHEEM: Nana Aishat Memorial College of Education, Alagbado, Ilorin Kwara State, 08079461930
- A. IBRAHIM: Nana Aishat Memorial College of Education, Alagbado, Ilorin Kwara State
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Counselling: A Necessity for National Stability and Integration. Ismaeel .S. AJIA
- Overview of Guidance and Counselling Services in Tertiary Institutions Kwara State, Nigeria. Prof. Adebayo Issah RAHEEM, Abdul-Hameed Akorede ZAKKARIYAH (P.h.D.) and Olatunji ABDULKADIR
- Effect of Corruption, Insecurity on National Development. Tajudeen Suleman APE, Ahmed Rukaiya SAAD, Taiye Hassan AHMED and Saadu Uthman ALIMI
- Strategies to Forestall Indiscipline and Corruption in Our Society. A. O. OMOLE (Mrs.)
- Relevance of Discipline in the Promotion of Quality Assurance in Nigerian Colleges of Education. Abdur-Rafiu JAMIU (PhD), Sakariyau JOGUNOMI and Saheed Oyeyemi USMAN
- Students’ Self-Efficacy and Usabilities of Mobile Technologies for Learning in Some Selected Universities in Nigeria. Afeez Abiola HAMZAT
- Effects of Instructional Material on the Teaching and Learning of Islamic Studies in Upper Basic Schools in Ilorin West. Abdul-Hameed Akorede ZAKARIYAH (PhD), Prof. Adebayo Issah RAHEEM, Hussain Kehinde GARBA, Abdur-Rahman Muhibudeen AIKUand Mahmood Suleiman JAMIU
- Assessment of the Utilization of Instructional Materials for Teaching Basic Technology in Junior Secondary Schools in Irepo L.G.A. Oyo State. RAFIU, Surajudeen and BELLO, Jamiu Babatunde
- Biology Teachers’ Attitude toward Improvisation of Materials for Teaching Biology in Senior Secondary Schools in Ilorin, Nigerian. Ogundeji A. OLUSEGUN, Yusuf O. ABDULRAHEEM and R. A. IBRAHIM